There is a trend on instagram for #bestnine2016 so here are my favourite nine makes for last year, from left to right starting at the top they are;
- The Colette Anise jacket, I bought this lovely fabric from Mood in New York and spent at least 3 months on this make as I wanted to do a really good job I used the Colette Anise sew-along to help with the complicated bits, I am really pleased with the way it turned out.
- Another gorgeous By Hand London Anna dress to add to my collection, this one in a floaty Liberty Tana Lawn. I wore this to my sisters 25th wedding anniversary party.
- This is a Jenna Cardigan from Muse patterns, I used a vintage scarf for the front panels and red jersey for the rest, it clashes beautifully with my hair!
- A Thread Theory Camas blouse, it is made with Liberty Jersey and contrasting blue woven fabric on the shoulders, there is a great sew-along tutorial for this blouse.
- These are the Ginger Boyfriend jeans that I made with some beautiful grey textured linen, I am wearing them with a Grainline Scout Tee which is a summer staple for me!
- My absolute favourite make of the year these are my Ginger jeans! I have worn these so much! I absolutely must make a new pair for 2017, they were far easier to make than I anticipated and I was amazed how great the fit is.
- I had a go at a lot of different things last year even shoes! This is an espadrille kit that we have available in the shop, I used up some of the scraps of denim left over from my jeans and the Liberty from my Anna dress. They were fun to make and now I can say that I make everything!
- I attempted to make a couple of bra’s last year, they turned out really nicely but do not fit me very well so I haven’t included them here (I am determined to make one that fits this year!) However I was very pleased with the lingerie that I made using one of Gerties patterns, I made knickers, camisoles and night dresses using a variety of our jersey fabric and elastic lace trim.
- Another well worn addition to my wardrobe was this jersey top, I can’t remember what pattern I used! It was free with a sewing magazine. I just love the colours in this Liberty Jersey fabric.
Watch this space for my #bestnine2017 sewing plans for this year!
Those are wonderful. A big well done to you and may you always find pleasure in your makes xxx
Pingback: Me made May part 2 | Trixie Lixies Blog